I've been blogging on Fabric Mart Fabricistas about my progress in a Burberry-Inspired Peacoat. I've finally finished! Rather than blog about it again here, I'm going to just share the final product with you!
I used Simplicity Pattern #2311. Overall it was easier than I thought! It is fully lined, underlined with flannel for extra warmth and has three anchor buttons down the front. The plaid is like a Burberry plaid wool I got at Fabric Mart last year. I lined it in an Italian silk crepe de chine in midnight navy, also from Fabric Mart. I also made a muslin first which was helpful for making sure it was going to fit correctly. It does fit, although I probably could have even made it a little smaller in some areas. I fixed that by overlapping the front flaps more making it a more snug. I also included the belt so it would help make it fit better. I didn't have my dressform while I was making this (it was in use somewhere else), so it was a little more challenging to construct, it but overall, I'm pleased.