Sunday, December 30, 2012

Peacock Feather Pajama Bottoms

After sewing the Burberry-Inspired Peacoat, I really needed to work on something that did not take a lot of thinking. I've had this peacock feather rayon knit in my stash for a little while now and needed to make something with it now! I made a few infinity scarves with it in the fall, keeping one for myself, but had pajamas in mind originally. I saved myself about 2 yards just for this project.


These pajama bottoms are best for the spring/summer months since they are capri-length. I used Butterick Pattern #5792, which is actually to be made from woven fabrics. It turned out fine though anyway using a knit. The pattern was super easy and would recommend it for a beginner.

A lot of times when I make pants/ shorts/ boxers/ etc with elastic, it is hard to tell the front from the back. So I came up with an idea direct from the clothing companies---use a folded satin ribbon on the back and you'll know exactly how to wear them! I had a satin ribbon with "Artful Addiction" printed on them a couple years ago but never used it. So I used it in these bottoms. (A plain ribbon will work also.)


I wonder what my next sewing project will be??? What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment