Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weekend Project: Buttondown Shirts

Earlier this week I was pondering out loud what should be my next sewing project. My husband was in the room and he said, "What about the fabric you bought to make me some shirts?" Wasn't a bad idea, so I thought let's give it a try!






I've made buttondown shirts for myself before, so it shouldn't be too bad. I have three different cotton shirtings in my stash that were designated to him. I'm going to make one just to get the sizing correct, then I'm going to cut the other two out right away. With all good intention, I feel like I could get them done this weekend, but there are many other things I should also be doing like laundry, cleaning up Christmas decorations and maybe even resting a little (haha yeah right!) So we shall see what I get done.

Do you have any pointers for making a men's buttondown shirt?  


No comments:

Post a Comment